Online counseling, telehealth therapy and coaching is conducted through video conferencing for individuals or couples. With the COVID-19 outbreak, teletherapy is the safest and most effective way to receive the care you deserve.
How does it work? How long does it take?
Therapy is conducted weekly. Sessions are 45-50 minutes long. I start with an intake assessment so I have a better understanding of you. You set the goals you would like to achieve. I like to utilize research, exercises, books, and other resources in our session and I usually have you work on these skills outside of therapy. My desire is to provide you with short-term therapy and tailor my therapeutic approach to your specific needs. On average a client meets with me between 12 – 24 sessions to achieve their goals.
I’m not sure I’m ready to start treatment. How can therapy help me?
Therapists can provide support, problem-solving skills, and enhanced coping strategies that are different from talking to a friend or family member. They can provide a non-biased, educated perspective on a difficult problem you may have or point you in the direction of a solution as well as to help you to heal from the underlying root. The benefits you obtain from therapy are invaluable and will depend on how much you put into the process and practice what you learn. Some of the benefits of therapy include:
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals, and values
- Developing skills for improving your relationships
- Finding resolution to the issues or concerns that led you to seek therapy
- Learning new ways to cope with stress and anxiety
- Managing and healing anger, grief, depression, and other emotional pressures
- Improving communications and listening skills
- Changing old behavior patterns and developing new more empowering ones
- Discovering new ways to solve problems with your family, spouse, or work
- Improving your self-esteem and boosting your self-confidence
How can I get the most out of therapy?
It is important to understand that you will get quicker and more significant results from therapy if you actively participate in and commit to the process. This includes taking chances, being open, showing up on time and attending sessions regularly, doing the homework and being patient as you allow the process to work. It can take months to unlearn a bad habit or heal from a traumatic event in your life.
It’s my joy to empower you to live with purpose, passion and to move toward your highest potential.